Chemical peels are an effective cosmetic treatment for a full facial rejuvenation—refresh and renew your skin.
These solutions are applied to the face to remove dead, dry outer skin cells that tend to dull the complexion. There are a variety of chemical peel solutions available, which allow for customization of treatment for your specific needs.
- Glycolic Acid Peel – Also referred to as an alpha-hydroxy peel, glycolic acid is a natural substance derived from sugar cane. When placed on the skin, this solution produces a softer, smoother complexion with more even tone and pigmentation. It also stimulates cell rebuilding within the skin, which creates longer-lasting results.
- Salicylic Acid Peel – Salicylic acid is a beta-hydroxy acid that works equally well on dehydrated and acne-prone skin. The solution comes in various concentrations, ranging from 20% (moderate) to 30% (deep). This allows our staff to provide customized treatment, depending on the specific skin concerns of the patient. The peel addresses signs of aging, sun damage, minor blemishes and acne.
- Peels for Sensitive Skin – At Beyond Beauty, we offer specialized peel formulations designed for even the most sensitive skin. This allows patients with more delicate complexions to enjoy the rejuvenation benefits of a peel without skin irritation or damage. Our highly trained staff will provide a thorough evaluation of your skin before recommending the best peel solution for your needs.
- Advanced Corrective Peel – Formulated with an exclusive blend of clinical-grade acids and a maximized peel concentration of phenylethyl resorcinol, Advanced Corrective Peel dramatically diminishes the appearance of discoloration, while smoothing texture and refining the appearance of pores, to restore a brighter, more clarified skin tone.
- Pigment Balancing Peel – Targeting the appearance of uneven skin tone to improve photodamage and acne-related discoloration. Pigment Balancing Peel combines brightening agents with a peeling solution.
About the Procedure
Chemical peels are performed by our professionally trained staff. After the skin is thoroughly cleansed, the peel solution is applied and remains on the skin for a prescribed period of time. The peel is then removed using a neutralizing solution and water.
After the procedure, the skin may be red and feel sunburned. Patients are advised to avoid sun exposure until the skin heals completely. Most return to work or regular activities the same day, particularly after a light peel.
Recovery and Typical Results
Results from a chemical peel will appear gradually as the skin heals. Most patients see full results within 1 to 2 weeks. The duration of the results will depend on the depth of the peel, with deeper peels lasting much longer.